Meditation on Sound
Audio May 2, 2022
Take some time out of your day to find the harmony between yourself and the sounds around you with this guided meditation on sound inspired by Terpsichore, Muse of Lyric Poetry by Antonio Canova.
- Take some time to look at this work.
- Notice the details of this sculpture: the folds of the garment worn by the figure, the intricacies in the curls of the hair, and the ornamentation around the lyre.
- Consider how the many details of this sculpture come together to create a work of harmony.
- Close your eyes and bring your awareness to the sounds around you.
- As your awareness focuses on one sound, try to find harmony within yourself and with the sound. Rather than labeling the sound as good or bad, accept it as it is in the moment.
- Try not to push any sounds away or cling to others. Let them be and allow yourself to remain harmonious with all that is around you.
- Continue like this for a few more moments, moving your attention from one sound to another to build acceptance and mindfulness in the moment.