Enjoy this reflection meditation, paired with Spirit by Malvina Hoffman. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Relax in a still position and look at the sculpture.
- Contemplate the expression on the figure’s face. What truth might the artist be conveying through this visible form?
- Now, reflect inwardly. What emotion does the expression represent to you?
- Close your eyes and focus on this emotion. You might label it with a color, a word, or simply be with it, experiencing it without a label.
- As a new thought enters the mind, reflect on the emotion that is associated with it. Use the emotion as your focus point, meditating upon it, until a new one arises.
- Notice each emotion without judgement, without trying to push away or cling to any one emotion. Be truthful with yourself, accepting the emotions you feel from moment to moment.
- Continue like this, reflecting on your own emotions to build awareness in your mind.