Take a deep breath in and take notice the sensations in your body with a new guided meditation on the body inspired by Ten Dancers (Dix Danseuses), Reclining Dancer by Henri Matisse.
- Find a comfortable position and take some time to look at this print.
- Scan the outline of the dancer’s body. Imagine how it would feel to put your body in the same position.
- Notice the position that your body is in at this moment. Try not to change anything, just notice. Trace the outline of your own body with your attention.
- Now, close your eyes. Take a deep breath in, and let it go. Feel the sensations in your body as you breathe.
- Notice any other sensations in your body that capture your attention. As a new sensation arises, just notice it, without any judgment.
- Feel the sensations in your body as they change over time.
- Continue like this to build awareness in your body and to focus your mind.