Enjoy this meditation on the new year, paired with Bust of Minerva by William Hackwood. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Find stillness in your body as you look at the sculpture.
- Minerva, the Roman goddess of wisdom, is considered a symbol of strength. How does this sculpture communicate strength to you?
- Close your eyes and focus on your body. Feel the strength in your body keeping you upright, in meditative stillness.
- Stillness in the body can lead to greater stillness of the mind, which can help cultivate qualities of mental strength such as willpower, focus, resilience, and confidence.
- Take a moment to reflect on your inner strengths. Visualize a moment when you demonstrated mental strength.
- Continue to visualize yourself in either past or future scenarios where you are embodying strength and self-confidence.
- Breathe deeply to calm and focus the mind, building inner strength.