Find a quiet place and contemplate the changing of the seasons with the meditation on spring, inspired by the painting Early Spring near Mantes by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot.
Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Take a few moments to look at this work depicting a scene in early spring. What about the landscape reminds you of spring?
- Take a moment to reflect on the changing season: What is your temperament as you move into this new season?
- Now, close your eyes and visualize your own spring landscape. Imagine you are painting your own trees and blossoms in your mind’s eye.
- Now, close your eyes and begin following the breath.
- How does the season affect your temperament? Do you feel more energized as the earth transitions to spring?
- Continue to visualize your own spring landscape to build greater connection with the earth and this new season.