Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Anders L. Zorn’s At the Piano. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Observe the etching for a few deep breaths. Imagine what sounds you might hear coming from the piano in the image.
- Take note of the focus on the musician’s face.
- Now, close your eyes and begin to cultivate that same level of focus on the sounds you hear around you.
- Bring your attention to one sound at a time. You can label the sound if that helps you. Stay with that one sound until you notice a new one.
- Move your attention from one sound to another, remaining in the present moment.
- Use this exercise of focusing on sounds to calm you and stay present throughout your daily life.