Meditation on Sound and Color
Audio May 13, 2022
Use sound and color as a tool to focus and steady the mind with this guided meditation inspired by Bas Princen’s photograph, Dar Music Box, OFFICE 126.
- Take some time to reflect on this photograph.
- Notice the colors and lines of the image. What sounds might accompany this image?
- For this meditation, we will use sound and color as a tool to focus and steady the mind.
- Close your eyes and focus on the sound of your breath. What color do you imagine as you focus on the sound of your breath?
- Notice any other sounds around you. Focus your attention on one sound at a time. As you focus on a sound, imagine what color might accompany that sound. Visualize that color.
- Continue like this, moving from one sound and color to another for as long as you like.