Enjoy this guided meditation focused on sound and breath paired with Monet’s The Sea at Le Havre. Follow along with audio or the text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation on Sound and Breath
- Look at this painting and take five breaths.
- Imagine the sound of the crashing of the waves followed by their release as they go back out to sea. Consider how the waves move naturally at different intervals.
- Continue to meditate on the sound of the waves coming in and out, while bringing awareness back to the breath.
- Observe the breath without changing it and allow it to come in and out at different intervals like the sound of the sea.
- Continue moving your attention from the sound of the waves back to the breath for as long as you like.