Make time for your mental health, and enjoy our new meditation on sound inspired by Hedda Sterne’s painting Violin Lesson.
- Take some time to look at the artwork.
- Imagine the sounds you might hear if you were in the scene from this painting.
- For this meditation, we are going to focus our attention on our sense of sound, using the sounds around us to quiet the mind.
- Close your eyes and begin by focusing on your breath. Listen to the sound of your breath as it moves in and out of your body.
- Notice any other sounds that you can hear. Try to focus your attention on one single sound at a time. Stay with that sound until another sound captures your attention.
- What beautiful and interesting sounds can you hear when you focus and quiet the mind?
- Stay with the sounds around you for as long as you like, to build concentration and appreciation for the sounds around you.