Use the repetitiveness in Lenka Clayton’s Bean Garden by Alison Knowles (detail) as a springboard for reflection during this guided meditation.
- Take a deep breath as you look closely at this work.
- Notice the repetition of the small circles.
- Move your attention slowly around the work. Rest your awareness on any places that stick out to you and focus your attention there.
- Slow down and notice the details and variations you might otherwise overlook by the repetitiveness of the subject matter.
- Use the repetitiveness in this artwork as a meditation tool.
- Continue looking slowly at this work to calm and steady the mind.