Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Jean Arp’s Vase (Form Number Four: Amphora of Dreams). Follow along with the audio or text below.
Step-by-Step Meditation on Form
- Take a few moments to contemplate the form of the vase.
- Slowly trace the outline with your eyes taking note of the smoothness of the surface as you follow its contours.
- Imagine yourself walking around this vase. Consider its volume as a three-dimensional object.
- Arp titled this vase form Amphora of Dreams. What might you imagine placing in this vase? What is the essence of the vase?
- Now close your eyes and visualize the form of this vase.
- Breathe deeply as you meditatively trace the contours of the vase in your mind’s eye.
- Continue tracing the vase for as long as you wish, appreciating the silence of the mind during this meditation.