Fill your heart by practicing this loving-kindness meditation, using Heart Pavilion by Dan Graham as inspiration. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Take a moment to look at the sculpture, composed of two way-mirror glass in the shape of a heart.
- Imagine you are in the museum with someone you are close to. Visualize yourself walking around the sculpture. As you are walking, you can see the reflection of yourself, the person you are with, and the other visitors in the space.
- Send loving-kindness to each person you see in the reflection. You can close your eyes while doing this meditation, or keep them open, focusing on the image of the heart.
- First, imagine the reflection of yourself. Repeat the following phrase: May I be happy, may I be healthy, may I be at peace. Feel love toward yourself.
- Next, focus on the person you are with and repeat the phrase: May you be happy, may you be healthy, may you be at peace. Feel love toward this person.
- Finally, expand this loving-kindness meditation to all the people in the reflection: May we all be happy, may we all be healthy, may we all be at peace. Feel love toward all beings.
- Consider practicing this meditation the next time you visit the museum.