Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s The Garden in the Rue Cortot, Montmartre. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Take a few moments to scan the painting. Begin with the flowers in the foreground. Move slowly towards the trees and figures in the background.
- Notice how the different shades of green in the garden seem to fade seamlessly into one another, while the vibrant colors of the flowers emerge.
- Notice how you feel when you see each of these colorful flowers. In what ways do the colors affect you? What is your overall feeling when you view this painting?
- Now, close your eyes and begin to imagine your own meditation garden. Take in the tranquility and beauty of nature around you.
- What colors do you see? How do the flowers smell? Are you walking or sitting in the garden?
- Imagine this place of pure serenity that you can return to whenever you wish.