Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Saitô Kiyoshi’s Red Flower. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Sit in a comfortable position and breathe deeply.
- Focus your complete attention on the red flower. Try not to make a judgment about the image or describe it in your mind. Simply allow your eyes to roam the image, making observations along the way.
- Stay in the present moment by focusing all your attention on the single image. If your mind wanders, patiently bring it back to the single image.
- Next, focus your attention on a single object or image near you. Repeat the exercise with this new object or image, again without judgment, only observation.
- Move on to another object or image. Repeat this exercise as many times as you wish.
- Consider ways to integrate this focused looking into your daily life as you encounter objects and images.