Tune in to story time with Alyssa Velazquez, the curator of Locally Sourced, as she reads What We’ll Build: Plans for Our Together Future by Oliver Jeffers. Using special tools, a father and daughter start laying a foundation for their life together.
“What shall we build, you and I?
Let’s gather all our tools for a start.
For putting together . . .
and taking apart.”
Be inspired to build your own future filled with imagination and love.
For this Story Sunday we will be making a photo frame!
You will need:
- Cardboard: (think cereal box, or even sturdier). One or two per person.
- Photos: any size you like
- A pen or pencil to mark size
- A ruler to measure (shareable)
- Scissors and/or craft knife with possibly a cutting mat to cut cardboard (shareable)
- A glue gun (only if you have one, if not no worries!)
- Yarn: any color(s) one or many: enough to wrap around the cardboard frames (around 3 yards)
Zoom links will be sent via email upon registration, followed by a list of materials needed for the activity.
Want to attend this program but can’t make it? Register now, and you’ll receive an email after the event is over with a link to watch it any time on-demand!
This reading is made possible with the permission of Philomel Books.