Discover the fun of exploring your world artfully through photography. Follow guided instruction for three exploratory exercises and a final project all inspired by photographs in our collection. Throughout the process, try out strategies for making interesting compositions and adding personal expression to your photographs.
In This Class You Will:
- Respond to dynamic prompts to create compelling photographic portraits
- Take a close look at your favorite outdoor place and capture it creatively
- Play with variations in scale in a “mini-me” project based on self-portrait poses
- Bring your new skills together to create the culminating experimental photography project
- Access to a smartphone, iPad, or a digital camera
- Access to a printer
- Colored pencils or markers
Classes are available starting July 27. Work through the video lessons and create your final artwork in time for a live Zoom session with the teacher and your classmates on Thursday, August 20, from 2–3 p.m.
About Online Art Classes
Join a friendly teaching artist for an engaging series of on-demand online lessons, intended for young learners in elementary, middle, and high school. These video-based classes use our inspiring collection to teach problem solving, art making techniques, and creative self-expression. Sign up for the class and receive access to three exploratory exercises and instructions for a final project. Then, join your teacher and classmates for a live Zoom session to share your original artwork!