Carnegie Museum of Art is seeking artists to create designs for a fashion show at Ace Hotel on March 24, 2017, in connection with the upcoming Carnegie Museum of Art exhibition Iris van Herpen: Transforming Fashion.
How do I apply?
Please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. EST on Friday, February 3, 2017:
- a Cover Letter that includes:
- Contact name, telephone number and email address (including each member of the team, if applicable).
- A description of your interest in being selected for the runway event and how your prior work proves an ability to work with technology and materials in unique ways.
- Your resume or the resumes of all team members, if applicable.
- The website of the individual or websites of all team members, if applicable.
- Samples of prior work. Participants, including each team member, if applicable, should submit a link to a Dropbox folder containing up to 20 images that reflect your best prior work. Each work sample submitted should include the title of the work, the medium, and the date of completion.
Only one (1) submission will be permitted per participating individual or team.
A committee will select finalists by February 10, 2017. Finalists will then be presented with a $100 stipend to develop two (2) wearable fashion renderings. Fashion show participants will then be selected by March 1, 2017.
What will participants receive?
Selected artists will receive a $750 honorarium (in addition to the $100 stipend described above) and a one-month membership to TechShop (including two free classes) to be used for the completion of their designs. In addition, the selected artists’ work will be featured in the runway show at Carnegie Museum of Art’s fashion show at Ace Hotel on March 24, 2017.
For complete participation information, please see the official rules. Good luck, and thanks in advance for participating!