Enjoy this guided meditation paired with Robert Indiana’s The Great Love. Follow along with the audio or text below.
- Take a few moments to look at the painting. Allow your eyes to shift from one block of letters to another.
- Bring your attention to the individual letters. Next, focus on one block with the word “love.” Finally, recognize the repetition of the word “love” over the entire painting.
- Close your eyes and begin to contemplate the word “love.”
- Recall the individual letters and focus on yourself. Repeat the following phrase: “May I be healthy, may I be safe, may I be at peace.”
- Next, recall one block with the word “love.” Envision a person in your life to receive your loving-kindness. Repeat the following phrase: “May you be healthy, may you be safe, may you be at peace.”
- Finally, recall the entire painting. Imagine all the beings in the world. Repeat the following phrase: “May all beings be healthy, may all beings be safe, may all beings be at peace.”
- Repeat this meditation of loving-kindness throughout the day as often as you like.